Wednesday 6 June 2012

Exup

So as I may have mentioned my bike does not have the Exup valve fitted. I don't really know much about the exup system so I've been doing some research. The Solenoid should be located by the seat and runs cables to the centre of the exhaust to operate a 'butterfly fin' to regulate the flow of air out the exhaust. The exhaust on my bike is straight through so can't be added to the existing system without some heavy mods.
And wouldn't you know it the valve is pretty rare. the solenoids are common as muck and the exhaust is findable but not with the butterfly valve. it could be some thing I need to make myself if I can get one to copy. I also need to find out the common faults of not running an Exup system. Is there a way to run without and still rev through the whole rev range? Back to the research and may be have a look on a Yam forum.

No comments:

Post a Comment